Thursday 19 May 2011

First, let me apologise for the radio silence this past week or so. I've been visiting family, getting in some good cuddle time with relatives I don't see nearly often enough, and beavering away at various crafts.

Currently working on a few projects at home. Feeling inspired after my shisha embroidery tutorial, and having found the most gorgeous beads and threads, I've been making a few rather lovely things.



I hope you can see the details.  The finished item in red and gold is a proper little glass mirror shisha'd on in gold thread, surrounded by two rows of red beads, some red satin stitch embroidery and some gold french knots, then afixed to a piece of faux leather backing in more red embroidery.  I'm thinking it's make a lovely brooch, or a pin I could use multipurpose.  The unfinished work still in the hoop is going to end up a fair bit bigger; possibly a little too big for a brooch, so I might keep it in the hoop as a wall decoration.  Or maybe turn it into the main feature of a handmade bag.  What do you think?



I've been doing a fair bit of stranded knitting, as well.  I love the technique, and my work above using this gorgeous shawl pattern will hopefully become the front of a nice little cushion cover.

I've also been busy working on some more lovely things for the Misi shop  A batch of green tea soap and a batch of spring floral soap are currently curing on the shelves, but in the meantime, why not treat yourself to some light, floral moisturiser?


That's all for now, but I'll be back again real soon with more news, more items and, soon, a fantastic special offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment