Saturday 21 May 2011

Weekend Treats, Books Edition

It's time for another edition of Weekend Treats.  This week, I'll be showing my appreciation for the crafters that make books and reading accessories on Misi.


I'm a keen reader myself, and I have a particular fondness for beautiful, handbound diaries, so I was delighted to discover just how much beautiful stuff there is available right now.

First up for us to drool over is ElenaChiesa with her beautiful, quirky handbound journals.






I love the fun prints and bright colours, and the books look really well made, too.  The cover prints are taken from vintage children's books, and I really love the images chosen.  This would make a great journal for a younger person, or for someone with eclectic tastes.



Next up, we have nofuzzyedges, whose handfelted goods include covered diaries and bookmarks.

I really love the colours in this bookmark set.  The simple patterns and shapes come together to make a lovely landscape.  The set makes these a great purchase for someone like me, who might have several books on the go at once, or for a student who may need to mark a number of pages in a textbook during research or study.






I just have to share Sockhorror's unexpected offerings with you.






As a comics and novels fan, and particularly a lover of small, independent comic artists and writers, I was absolutely delighted when I discovered Sockhorror's shop.  Here we have an independent writer producing their own novels.  It's a risky game, and getting people to hear about your work without the aid of an agent can be difficult, but Sockhorror has found a fantastic way of making it work.  The covers are eye catching and well made, and the story intriques me.

Well I'm not quite sure how to top a find like that, so I'll leave you for now.  But stay tuned for more updates.  Some lovely new soaps will be available very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment